Monday, June 4, 2012

COLLECTION #244: Vintage 1920s Wedding Cards


Wedding season is upon us, and I have a fun collection of vintage cards from the late 1920s. Actually, I can pinpoint it better than that, because I have the actual scrapbook these cards were in, and the wedding announcement of the lovely bride Nellie Hippey, and the dashing groom James Ingle of Los Angeles. They were married at the Church of the Flowers in Glendale, California on June 15th, 1929. 
Sadly, I am not related to the happy couple, I found the scrapbook at a flea market. But in honor of the wonderful institution of marriage, I present a few of the wedding greetings for the new Mr. and Mrs. James Ingle:











Since I have the wedding announcement too, I thought you might enjoy seeing a postcard of the church where Nellie and James were married:


No comments: