Thursday, April 12, 2012

COLLECTION #206: Vintage Brownie Scout Treasures


Some of my favorite memories are my two years as a Brownie Girl Scout when I was in elementary school. I loved doing all of the fun Brownie activities: going to Brownie Day Camp, making crafts, wearing my uniform, and marching in our town's annual Scout parade. My Mom was one of our leaders, and she was so much fun!




This is the same Brownie handbook I used as a child, and these are my actual pins and Scout Day patch. Although this isn't my beanie, mine was just like this. (Except we would open up the seam in the back so our ponytails could be pulled through!)
A group of Brownies from the late '40s, early '50s. Some of them have cookie boxes. Aren't they adorable? Photo origin unknown. From my collection.




The Brownie Games book is actually a  1930s Girl Guides book from England. I wish there were some illustrations!


A layout I did about my years as a Brownie
El Centro Troop 293 in 1961. That's me with the dark Brownie sweater in front, my Mom in back.

No comments: