Thursday, March 1, 2012

COLLECTION #176: Artist's Mannequins

I just love my mannequins! As I was getting ready to photograph them,  I pulled the realistic doll one from the shelf, and noticed that the brand name was on the stand: "Art S. Buck". It reminded me that back in my art school days we called these 'artist bucks', thus the play on words. But when I went to do an internet search on the term 'artist buck',  I couldn't find anything! (Well, except for Buck Owens, paintings of bucks, etc) Odd. I guess that term has fallen out of favor.  But, that's just a diversion, because here are my four lovely artist models. I rarely use them now. The dark one I purchased a few years ago, when I was working on some fashion doll projects. It was great to have something the right size and scale to help me with my drawings. But it, along with the wooden ones, just sit on the shelf in my studio, collecting dust. They range in size from 5" to 16".


I had a lot of fun photographing and posing them. I think it might be fun to have one printed and framed for my studio wall.



No comments: