Thursday, December 22, 2011

COLLECTION #125: Vintage Santas

It's the nature of collections that there be some cross-over- things that fit into more than one category. Thus it is with Christmas collectibles. Some of these vintage Santa Clauses (is it permissible to pluralize 'Santa Claus'?) were in other collections. I hope you don't mind! But I do have some fun Santas here that I wanted to put together into one big group. There's ephemera: cards, wall decorations, hangers, Christmas carol booklet; toys, a salt shaker, Christmas cards, and a candy box. Just some fun Santas from mostly the 1940s and 1950s.

Cute li'l Santa Salt Shaker. I wonder what happened to the pepper?

A favorite... this Santa stands about 12" tall, it's a give-away from Richfield Gas Stations.

1950s articulated Santa wall decoration

Christmas dolls

Candy box

Vintage Christmas carol booket... belonged to my husband's grandmother. And don't you forget it!

Super-cute Christmas cards for a child.

1 comment:

joscelyne cutchens said...

that Christmas Doll santa reminds me of Lady Elaine from Mr. Rogers. I love that 12" santa.