Thursday, October 20, 2011

COLLECTION #80: Lunchboxes

OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER: These are all reproductions! As much as I love old lunchboxes from the 50s & 60s, I do not collect them! But, as a substitute, I often pick up the mini lunchboxes & other fun tin cases when I see them! The small ones on the bottom row were once sold with candy in them. (I would say I collect candy too, but I eat it too fast!)  The Gene Autry lunchbox was the housing for a Fossil Gene Autry watch, purchased in 1995. 

I love the Mike Mulligan box- for those not in the know, Mike Mulligan & His Steam Shovel was a classic children's book, written by Virginia Lee Burton in 1939. I happen to have a vintage copy of that adorable book!


1 comment:

Shannon Roller said...

You've got some really old ones. I do have my school bus one from the 60's I think. With Disney characters in the windows.