Tuesday, October 18, 2011

COLLECTION #78: Vintage Educational Toys



Today it's Leap Frog. Yesterday is was.... this!  These are my fun educational toys from the 40s and 50s. And maybe 30s. The Wolverine math toys (above) might have made me like doing my times tables, if I'd had one of these as a child!  I have two: the "Arithmetic Quiz", and the "Modern Math Addition" models. (They also made a "Modern Math Subtraction" and a simpler "See and Add" models)  I believe these toys were made in the early '50s.


I still have fun playing with my "Spelling and Counting Board" by Bar-Zim... these are highly collectible, and I have the original box for this. So cute!

"My Adding Box" doesn't really add up any more.. the knobs no longer advance the images, but it looks cute on my shelf anyway!  The "Chart of Knowledge" is a great way to find out information about each state in the US in the 1940s, or possibly late '30s. It's not exactly a toy, but I thought it fit into the category nicely!

1 comment:

redair123 said...

These toys are extremely beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.
Keep sharing more and more.