Tuesday, October 4, 2011

COLLECTION #68: Vintage Toy Typewriters


We've been traveling today, and I was unable to access the internet, so my collection is up very late!



 Today's collection is without doubt, my #1 favorite of my toy collections. I just love my toy typewriters. They are from a variety of manufacturers: Simplex, Mettoy, Unique, Berwin, Tom Thumb, Marx (which made the Dial and Dial Deluxe models).  Although, for the most part, the keys don't actually move, they have some sort of device or dial which allows a typing action. They range from the 1930s to the 1950s. My Tom Thumb case is stuck to the bottom of my display shelf (now how did that happen?) and so I was unable to open the case and photograph it. This one is the most realistic of all the typewriters, and is probably the most recent model.



I hope you enjoy seeing the fun colors, graphics and designs of these wonderful play typewriters!


1 comment:

John said...

Our toy typewriter collections are very similar with the exception of the seemingly limitless Simplex versions I seem to find irresistible. I'm definitely a Simplex collector first when it comes to toy typewriters, and others second. A very small part of my collections is to be found at mellow60s.com. Maybe someday I can figure out how to blog. Yours is really swell.