Friday, August 5, 2011

COLLECTION #26: Vintage Tin Canisters

I just love these fun kitchen canisters from the 40s and 50s.  Most of them have have a fruity theme, and they just make me smile! I do have a lot of vintage kitchen stuff... and much of it is in these cheerful colors: reds, creams, greens...

My favorite is the one with the cherries, and the cute little pull attached to the top. It reminds me of the drawer pulls in my own Grandma's kitchen.

 

I have a modern version of kitchen canisters designed by Martha Stewart, mad out of ceramic. But as cute as they are, they can't compare to the original design inspiration!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Well, you got me with this one for sure....I love containers. I have bought things just for the tin...ok, the cinnamon cookies in the tins with bears on, from Bullocks, were not JUST for the tins. The herbal teas, yes.....tasted like something I should have given to the horses. My grandmother always had tins for us, for our pennies (back when you could get two Chiclets for a cent)....they were the most fantastic tea cannisters. I have one, a Chinese cloisonne tin with a tight fighting lid. I'll see if I can get a picture tomorrow.