Thursday, August 18, 2011

COLLECTION #35: California Postcards

 

This is my fourth postcard collection I've posted.  I don't really consider myself a postcard collector, but I do have more to post in the months to come.


These postcards are all about California, my home state. Folder postcards, postcards from the 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s... but not too many. Some are places I've been, some are places I've lived, some are places that don't exist anymore, and some are places I haven't a clue where they are.   One place is the Miramar Hotel, in Santa Barbara.  Bruce and I enjoyed staying there several times when we were young marrieds, and it's been sad to see it fall into abandonment and eminent destruction.
It's no wonder people have flocked to California for generations... the beautiful scenery on the postcards visitors sent back to family and friends at home, made California look like a paradise. As far as I'm concerned, it IS a paradise in many ways. If you can overlook the traffic, high cost of living, and other inconveniences of lots of people vying for an ocean view.... the weather is practically perfect, there is lots to do, and it is truly beautiful. Here's to California!

No comments: